Welcome to the OZ-UK Frequently Asked Questions section. Please select a category from the below menu to find FAQ's relating to that service. If your questions are still unanswered after reading through our FAQ, please contact us
and we will be happy to answer your questions
- How do I choose a good domain name for my business?
- The trick is to keep the domain name as close to your company name as possible. For example if your business is called Pikrose Mining Equipment Ltd it would be better and easier to remember if the domain name was www.pikrose.co.uk
- What do I do if the domain name I wanted has already been registered to another business?
- There are several things you can do in this case;
1. You can offer to buy the domain name from the other business (this can be expensive).
2. As there are many prefixes at the end of a domain i.e. .com, .net, .co.uk etc you could always add a different prefix.
3. You can apply to Nominet (the governing body) to purchase the domain, the moment it is to be renewed by the present owners, but remember they will always have first refusal.
- What does a domain name cost
- Dependent on the prefix e.g. .com or .co.uk, typically, the price is between 15-30 pounds sterling for a minimum of one year
- If I have a problem with another business using my domain name, can I get help?
- Yes, the easiest way is to contact Nominet, the UK governing body and they will make a decision based on information provided by both parties. However, it is very rare that this would be needed.
Back to the top
- What is hosting and why do I need it?
- Put simply, web sites are a bunch of computer files that sit under the domain name you have chosen. This is what is called hosting a web site. You have to have somewhere for these files to go if anyone is to view your web site on the Internet
- If I have already organised my own hosting, will I still need to use your hosting provider?
- No, if you are happy with your current hosting supplier there is no problem. We would say that by keeping all technical issues with OZ-UK Web Development would ensure a much faster response if there are any problems
- What will you charge for hosting my web site?
- A typical hosting package would be 189.00 pounds sterling per 12 months, this would also include 5 pop.3 mail accounts (a pop.3 mailing account is basically 5 email addresses for example; firstname.lastname@example.org etc. The cost also includes site tools (these are used to manage your email accounts if your decide to change them at any time).
Back to the top
Watch is replica watches uk
really a very special luxury. Before we say people look at the face, there are people who want to replica watches
see shoes; and now, can be said to see the table. Because the rolex replica
variety of watch the type, and some sports publicity, and some elegant introverted; different watch from a uk replica watches
certain extent also reflects the wearer's different character temperament.
- I already have a web site, is it possible to add a shopping facility
- Yes, our developers can add to any existing web site
- Is there a minimum or a limit to the amount of products I can sell online?
- No, you could sell just 1 product or indeed 1 million if you wish.
- Does the same returns policy apply to online shopping?
- Yes it is exactly the same on the Internet as it is under UK law.
- If I want to sell in Euros, how do the customers get the correct exchange rate?
- Using OZ-UK's e-commerce experience, we have the facility to have a live currency converter built into the shop. This way the price they see is the price they pay and would be shown in Euros as well as UK pounds.
- You often hear about credit card fraud, how can my company guarantee against this problem?
- All online shops have an online merchant account, this is an online bank, which processes the cards and runs a computerised check on their validity and ownership. If the merchant account accepts the payment, then the amount is credited to your account.
Note: All large merchant account providers will still payout even if after the purchase and online checks have been carried out and you have been paid, that they then find out it was a fraudulent card.
- Will I need to take on more staff to cope with an online shop?
- Obviously this depends on the amount of business you are doing online, but usually most businesses have enough employees who could cover the orders.
- I thought it was only big companies who needed an online shopping facility.
- No, any business regardless of their size that has products or services, which can be transported throughout the UK and the rest of the world, can take advantage of e-commerce.
- I want an online shop but I only want to sell within the UK, is this problem?
- Not at all, OZ-UK would simply provide the prices in UK sterling and all postage and shipping charges would be clearly labeled UK only.
Back to the top
- How long does it take to design a web site?
- This depends on two important factors;
1. How big the web site will be e.g. 15 - 20 pages or 500 pages?
2. How quickly, you the client, provide OZ-UK with the content information and images we require to produce the web site.
Normally speaking, the average web site would take around 3 months to complete if all the information is received on time.
- My business has strict guidelines on colour and specific logos, is this a problem?
- Not at all, in fact it makes the job easier for the web developer as you already have a design path. If you don't we will gladly design one on your behalf.
- I already have a very simple existing web site, can you update it?
- The simple answer is yes, however, we do often find that older simple sites often lack the professional touches and experience that is required by people visiting web sites. This in mind, we do tend to look at the project as starting from scratch.
- I have noticed on other web sites something called Flash Animation, what does this do?
- Flash Animation is exactly what it says, it is animation on the Internet, in some cases it can be used effectively, however in our professional opinion it is often very slow to download and can potentially put the viewer off reading about your products and services. Surely the main reason for having a web site in the first place is to sell your products or services as quickly as possible.
- What are the main things that make up a good web site?
- The following are the key factors in online success;
1. The web site should be fast loading.
2. From the first page you should be well aware of who the company is and what they provide.
3. From the first page also, you should be able to easily navigate around the web site.
4. The web site should include enough quality images and enough text to fairly represent the products and services it is selling.
5. The web site should be updated regularly by the web developer from information provided by the client, this helps to provide what we call in the industry stickability, put simply, a reason to go back and visit.
- What will a web site cost?
- Obviously depending on the size of your web site and the specific requirements, which often differ from client to client has a large bearing on cost. web sites start around 1,000 pounds sterling and go up from there dependant on individual requirements. It is far better to discuss your future plans in a meeting with one of our staff to explain all the ingredients that are required in this day and age to provide you with a professionally developed web site.
- What are your payment terms and conditions?
- Typically, payment is made up of two stages;
1. A 50% deposit is paid on agreement of the project.
2. The balance is required when the web site is live on the Internet or within 3 months (which ever comes first).
Please note we can provide a payment plan using a direct debit system for the balance providing certain assurances can be made at the initial agreement of the project.
Back to the top
- What exactly do you mean by site maintenance?
- Maintenance covers various areas and is usually operated for a fixed price for a fixed term, usually 12 months. It will include the following;
1. An agreed maximum file size per month that your web site can be updated by. (basically this means every image or text we change has a file size and makes up part of that allocation).
2. Telephone support and usually at least one face to face meeting per month to help advise you on a structured plan for the future of your web site.
3. To provide marketing advice and help you apply the marketing strategies to your business on the Internet as well as on the ground. Please see below "marketing" for more information.
- What does maintenance cost?
- A typical maintenance contract for 1 year would be 750 pounds sterling, dependant on the size of the web site and the amount of information that the client will need to update over the 12 months. All web site require different amounts of updating and we take every care in providing a solution that will fit your specific needs.
Back to the top
- What is online marketing?
- Online marketing, as the name states, is marketing your business via the internet. This usually takes the form of email and is used to inform either current customers/clients or potential clients of new products, web site updates, special events or even just general information newsletters.
- Is this type of marketing measurable?
- With OZ-UK web development, this type of marketing is 100% measurable. Once emails have been sent out to market your company or product, we collect the following information
1/ Who opened the email and at what time
2/ Who clicked on which product / promotion and how many times did they decide to view it.
3/ How many of the email address's supplied were either fake or not accessible
4/ Which recipients decided they no longer wish to receive offers etc from you.
This is only a small portion of the information we can gather from email campaigns. Once the campaign has been running for a few days, we run off reports that you can match against sales in that same time period to determine its success.
Because this type of measurable marketing is extremely new, we are one of the only web development company's currently offering this service and our highly skilled database team will provide you with everything you need to collect customer email address's.
- Isn't this spam and will my company get into trouble?
- No, this is not spam for the following reasons:
1/ Emails are only sent to clients who have an interest in your products or services not just random people.
2/ All emails sent out contain a link that enables the receiver to unsubscribe from receiving emails at any time. Once the receiver has un subscribed they will never receive another email from you.
3/ Each email is checked by advanced software to ensure that none of the content falls into the 'Spam' category.
4/ Every email contains a note expressing the reason the client is receiving the email
5/ Most receivers of the emails will be people who have specifically subscribed to this service via your web site
- Where do we get the email address and how do we store them?
- Most of the email addresses will be gathered from a form that we will place on your web site and we will deal with the storage of these email addresses. Some email addresses may come from current records you hold of customers and these will be stored in a user friendly database system that we will develop and send to you.
- How much does this service cost?
- This depends on the length of the contract. Average marketing contracts last for 12 months and in that time you get 1 campaign per month. For this length of contract the price would be between £400 - £600
But remember, this service is designed to bring your business money so the service pays for itself.
- How often can we send out these campaigns
- Based on a 12 monthly contract you would get an average of 12 campaigns per year. These can be used at your discretion. You can either send out 1 campaign per month or 12 in one week. The choice is yours but our advisers will help you with making this decision
Back to the top
- What is a search engine?
- A search engine is a web site that 'Crawls' (scans) the internet for other web site and categorises them for users to easily find web sites based on search entries.
- How can i get my company site listed in a search engine?
- OZ-UK spend a large amount of the development time of a web site optimising it so that search engines will easily able to find it and once found will be able to categorise it under categories that you wish. Because search engine company's ultimately decide where your site is categorised, we can not guarantee that you will be listed where you wish but it is our job to make the best effort to get you listed where you need to be.
- How much will it cost me to get a high ranking?
- Some engines such as google.co.uk do not accept payment to improve ranking but others like Yahoo.co.uk have payment schemes to aid your chances of being listed near the top and charge £199 for non adult based sites.
- What is pay-per-click?
- Pay-Per-Click is a system where you pay search engines a set figure for every person that click on your web site within the engine
This is quite a new system and has so far been proved successful. The search engine places you high in the rankings and for every visitor to your site from the search engine, you would pay between 10p - £10 depending on the category you asked to be listed under. When you consider that each click might bring you business £5000 or more then this is well worth consideration. Remember, you don't pay to be listed, you only pay when someone clicks your web site.
Back to the top
All information and images provided on this web site is copyright OZ-UK Web Development Ltd 2004.
For more information please contact us on (0161) 343 3303 or write to us at
OZ-UK Web Development 25 Stockport Road, Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester OL7 0LA